In order to use the standardbank.mobi website you will need to have Internet access on your phone. How you set up GPRS settings (Internet access) on your cellphone depends on which service provider you use.
Using your handset
- Enter * 111 #, and press the dial key
- Select option 5 - Phone settings
- Select option 2 - Vodacom will identify your phone for you
- Vodacom will send you the settings
Vodacom will send you the settings. For any queries dial 111 from your cellphone.
Using your handset:
- Enter * 123 #, and press the dial key
- Select option 1 - Phone settings
- Select option 1 - MTN will identify your phone for you
- MTN will send you the settings
For any queries phone 173 from your handset.
Using your Cell C handset:
- Dial *147# from their Cell C Cellphone
- Select option 1 for GPRS/MMS Settings
- The following message will appear
Thanks for your request. The MMS and GPRS settings for your phone will be sent to you shortly. Please save them when received and if you are prompted for a PIN enter 12345.
For any queries phone 140 from your handset.
Using your Virgin Mobile handset:
- Go to the 'Virgin Mobile' menu which you will find on either the main menu or applications menu of your mobile.
- Select 'Virgin Mobile'
- Select 'Virgin settings'
- Reply 'Yes' when asked if you'd like to download them
For any queries phone 123 from your handset.
You can bookmark cellphone banking on your cellphone browser
- Go to the internet browser on your cellphone. This is normally an icon depicting the world globe.
- Select 'bookmarks/favourites/web shortcuts'.
- Select 'add new bookmark/favourites/web' shortcut.
- Enter a name of your choice, for example: Standard Bank cellphone banking.
- Under URL enter: standardbank.mobi
You can load beneficiaries through Internet banking or at any Standard Bank branch. You can load company beneficiaries (for example, Edgars) by calling 0860 238 837.
How to transact using the new Cellphone banking service
Dial one of these two numbers:
You are able to perform the following banking transactions by using this string
- Know how much money you have (balance enquiry)
- Find out what's happening on your account (mini statement)
- Move money between accounts (inter-account transfers)
- Make payments (beneficiary payments)
- Buy airtime for Vodacom, MTN, Cell C or Virgin Mobile (prepaid airtime).
This number could however incur charges for the customer via their operator (see costs)
There is no network cost to you when you use the Quick Top Up option as you do not need airtime to make the call.
This number is specifically for airtime recharge and will not incur any network charges to the yourself.
Follow these steps to use the Quick Top Up option:
- Dial *130*2345# and press the call/dial button on your cellphone;
- Disclaimer – Accept/Reject
- If you accept the system will confirm your Quick Top Up details (from account, cellphone number, network and amount);
- Press confirm or change
- If you confirm; You will be asked to enter your customer selected PIN (CSP). Do so then press the call/dial button
- The selected number will be automatically be recharged.
- You may buy only up to R500 of prepaid airtime per day. This is a limit set for security purposes.
- The selected cellphone number must be a complete number, including the “0” at the beginning of the number. For example, 083 123 4567