Don't see your question?
Click here to ask

My personal details have changed. What do I need to do?

Please bring along a copy of your marriage certificate, if your surname has changed, and a copy of your identity document with your correct names.

If you have changed your address or phone number, please inform us by visiting the Standard Bank branch.
Back to top | Print page

How do I change my debit order?

Ask for a debit order form at any branch, complete it and return it to us by fax or post, or ask the branch to send it to us.
Back to top | Print page

How can I get a statement immediately?

You can get a copy from any branch for a fee. If you are an Internet banking user you can check your statement at any time free of charge.
Back to top | Print page

What type of transactions can I dispute?

There are two types of transactions that may be disputed: transactions that have either an S# or S@ before the merchant's name, which both mean swiped transactions. In this case the card had to be present at the merchant and therefore is most likely to be your transaction. However, the amounts that may appear on your statement could be different.

The procedure to follow is to complete a dispute form and attach a copy of the signed voucher to have the amount shown on your account rectified. If there is a swiped transaction that you insist is not yours, a dispute form has to be completed and sent to Card Division for investigation. The amount will be "suspended" from your account balance temporarily and will be reported as a disputed amount. Card Division will then request the merchant to supply a copy of the signed voucher, within the required time. If the time lapses and the merchant fails to supply us with a copy of the voucher the transaction will be charged back to the merchant and you will be credited.

If the merchant supplies a valid copy of the voucher and the signature is valid the amount will then be returned to your account balance along with the interest for the period the transaction was "suspended". A further debit will appear on your account for retrieval of the voucher (R50 for local vouchers and R205 for international vouchers) if you are proven to be at fault. This fee will not appear if you are correct.

Note: If you are disputing a duplicate transaction which appeared your statement, where the amount, date and the reference number are all the same, you can phone our call centre and ask for one of the transactions to be reversed.
Back to top | Print page

Unauthorised disputed transactions

Transactions with either an M# or M@ before the merchant's name represent manual transactions. In this case the card did not have to be present, for example, mail order, Internet merchants or even if the swipe system was off line. Remember that if you have made a mail order arrangement the merchant may produce the agreement, which you may have entered into rather than a signed voucher. Once you have identified that there is a transaction you did not authorise you need to complete a dispute form and send it to Card Division for investigation. The process is the same as that for a swiped transaction.
Back to top | Print page

I paid my card account but the payment is not shown on my statement. What should I do?

Send us your proof of payment so that we can trace it and credit your account. Any interest charges will be reversed once the payment has been traced.
Back to top | Print page

My statement shows a payment that I do not remember making. How can I find out who made it?

Call us and we will try to get a copy of the deposit slip or receipt. If the amount was incorrectly credited to your account, we will reverse it.
Back to top | Print page

How do I pay one of my budget purchases early?

Pay the required amount into your card account and then phone us to let us know which budget purchase you are paying. Alternatively, if you have enough credit on your account, ask us to switch the outstanding budget amount to an ordinary payment. The new balances will reflect on your account the following day.
Back to top | Print page

Can I change the repayment period on a budget purchase?

Yes, if the transaction date is less than 30 days before you lodge your request and no instalment has been taken off your budget facility.
Back to top | Print page

What is lost card protection and how can I get it?

Lost card protection protects you against any loss caused by fraudulent use of your card if it is lost or stolen. It does not cover transactions in which your PIN was used. Lost card protection is free of charge and you qualify as soon as your card is issued.
Back to top | Print page

What is credit protection?

It's insurance that settles your credit-card balance in the event of death, disability or retrenchment You can ask for credit protection by phone, fax or email (see below).
Back to top | Print page

How can I get a copy of a tax certificate?

We issue tax certificates automatically, if more than R250 interest is credited to your account. You can ask for a duplicate by phone, fax or e-mail.
Back to top | Print page

Contact details


0861 201 000



Postal address:

PO Box 61704, Marshalltown 2107


Login or Register

Select your online banking platform

Standard Bank App