Trade by Standard Bank is here to help you trade during COVID-19
As your partner in local and international trade, we’re dedicated to helping you and your business during the current pandemic by introducing our broader based trade and payment solutions, exclusive to Personal and Business Banking clients*.
If you have the following concerns during COVID-19, rest assured that we have solutions to assist:
- Have you paid for the purchase of goods or issued a letter of credit for their import and have neither been advised of the dispatch nor received the goods?
Talk to us about the possible financing or re-financing of these transactions. We will also assist in the extension of the expiry date of your import letters of credit, and ensure that any non-compliance with Exchange Control Regulations, where required, is correctly notified to the Authorities.
Please email us on [email protected] or talk to your relationship team
- Are you worried about your financing terms and cashflow demands on your next transaction owing to delivery delays?
In these uncertain times, when importing or exporting, we recommend protecting your cashflow and ensuring performance of your supplier or buyer instituting one of our many risk mitigating solutions like letters of credit, bills for collections or guarantees.
For further information email us on [email protected] or talk to your relationship team.
- Worried that you aren't going to get your imported products on time owing to potential production or shipping delays?
- Is your time being spent chasing the various players in your supply chain for updates and documents?
- Are you costing your imports fully including all costs and is this taking too much of your valuable time?
Our team of in-house experts will work with you on all aspects of each import, including order monitoring, payments, forex, exposure management, document and logistics management, costings and a host of other services to free up your much valued time and to ensure your goods arrive on time, at the price you expected. To get in touch, email us on [email protected] to talk to your relationship team.
- Is the environment making it difficult to either purchase and import products from your current supplier, or sell and export to your current buyers?
- Are you looking to diversify your customer base to include new customers from around the world?
- Are cancelled conferences/ networking events affecting your business to business networking?
Our exclusive digital platform enables you to explore new markets from around the world or be introduced to vetted buyers and suppliers from over 45 countries. This is currently being offered as a free service to our customers to try and help you during these times***. To join, visit www.tradeclub.standardbank.com or email us on [email protected].
- Not able to reach a branch to submit your payment requests and supporting documentation?
To gain access to the most appropriate digital channel for you, please contact your relationship team to provide assistance. In the interim, you may email your payment and supporting documents to [email protected].
If you are submitting your payment that requires bulk supporting documentation i.e. over 50 pages, we will help you apply for a Letter of Undertaking dispensation to vastly simplify your international payments processes.
* Subject to our standard terms and conditions and credit approval.
***Terms and conditions apply.