Instalment relief for lower income earners
We understand these are very challenging times and that all South Africans have been affected by the Covid-19 crisis, with many of those earning less being more vulnerable.
That’s why we’re committed to supporting you through this crisis and we’re offering 90-day instalment relief to all our qualifying clients who earn less than R7 500 per month.
This offers relief on access loans, credit cards, home loans, personal loans, revolving credit plans and vehicle asset finance payments from 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2020.
You are eligible for the instalment relief if:
- You earn less than R7 500 per month
- You have a personal loan with Standard Bank (access loan, credit card, home loan, personal loan, revolving credit plan, vehicle asset finance)
- Your account is not in arrears as at 31 March 2020
- You have a current account with Standard Bank
- Clients whose payments are in arrears as at 31 March 2020 are not eligible for this offer
- This offer excludes overdrafts
Should you wish to opt out of this offer, simply pay your loan instalment or email [email protected].
If you would like us to contact you please click on the Contact me button below
View Frequently Asked Questions below.
If you’re a full-time student and struggling to make repayments on your loan, we’ll help you with a payment holiday.
If you are struggling to manage your debt repayments, please contact us.
Remember, you can still do your day-to-day banking online - check balances, buy airtime or data, play the Lotto and more.
Our Banking App , Cellphone and Internet Banking platforms are available so you can bank from home.
- Cellphone banking USSD: *120*2345#
- Internet Banking: www.standardbank.co.za
- The App is available for download
Don’t share your banking PIN, card number, CVV or login details with anyone over the phone, via SMS or email.
Call us immediately on 0800 020 600 if you detect unusual activity or suspect fraud.
Enroll for DigiME to transact easily with enhanced digital technology to keep you safe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Customers who are in struggling to meet debt repayments with us should contact us as soon as possible. The sooner we are informed, the sooner both parties can find a workable solution to address or resolve issues of financial distress. It is not in anyone’s interest to see a business fail, or a home lost. It is in both parties’ interest to find a workable solution.
Besides the payment holiday where your repayments will be deferred for an agreed period, we can also assist with restructuring and consolidation of your debts. Get into contact with us to see how we can help on [email protected] or call us or, for a call back, please click on the “Contact me” button above
We understand these are very challenging times and that all South Africans have been affected by the Covid-19 crisis, with many of those earning less being more vulnerable. That’s why we’re committed to supporting you through this crisis and we’re offering a 90-day instalment relief to all our qualifying clients who earn less than R7 500 per month. As part of our ongoing commitment to our clients, we are pleased to offer a payment holiday to our Personal Lending clients who meet the criteria outlined below.
- You earn less than R7 500 per month (gross income.
- You have a Personal Loan with Standard Bank (Access Loan, Credit Card, Home Loan, Personal Loan, Revolving Credit Plan, Vehicle Asset Finance).
- You have a current account with Standard Bank.&
- Your account is not in arrears as at 31 March 2020.&
- Customers whose payments are in arrears as at 31 March 2020.
- This offer excludes Overdrafts (Interest on Overdrafts will still be charged).
- This offer excludes Home Loans held in a trust.
This offer will be automatically applied, however, should you wish to opt-out of the instalment relief, you can pay your loan instalment as normal, or email [email protected].
If you require temporary excesses, increased Overdraft limits, removal of reduction orders on your Overdrafts, or VAF restructures, you should contact your branch or call centre directly, who will assist you through the normal process.