Mobile: How to buy SMS bundles on our app
The Short Message Service (SMS) provided by all mobile phone service providers is one of the most popular ways to communicate. It’s fast, cheap, convenient and reliable. Standard Bank’s mobile app makes it easier than ever to load bundles of SMSs for even better prices.
Let’s get started
- Unlock your mobile device and launch the Standard Bank mobile app.
- If this is your first time using the app, you will need to register for the service.
- Click on the Sign In button and enter your app code. If you have previously configured biometric authentication, you will then be able to use your fingerprint sensor instead.
- Once you have signed in, click “Buy” in the bottom navigation area.
- In the “Buy” screen, click on “SMS” in the top navigation area.
- The top navigation area will update to show a list of service providers. Click on the logo of your provider.
- Your screen will show all the different available SMS bundles. Choose the bundle that you want to buy by clicking on it.
- On the “Purchase Details” screen, you need to choose which account you will be using to pay for the airtime. If you don’t want to use the account displayed, click on it to open a list of your accounts. You can then enter the correct account.
- Click on the “Number to top up” field and enter your device’s phone number. It is not possible to refund SMS bundles, so please double-check that you have entered the correct number.
- Click “Review” at the top, so that you can confirm that you have made the right choices. If you have changed your mind, click on the Back Arrow on the top left of the screen. Otherwise, click “Confirm”.
- Standard Bank will send you a One-Time Password (OTP) to protect you from fraudulent transactions. Enter the OTP and click “Submit”.
- The Confirmation screen will confirm your purchase. Once the transaction has been completed successfully, a green “Payment Successful” notification will appear at the bottom of the screen.