Mobile: How to buy prepaid electricity
Prepaid electricity is fast becoming the most popular way to meter and distribute electrical power. Suppliers like it because it makes it easier to block illegal connections, and consumers like it because it makes it easier to control their electricity consumption. Standard Bank makes it easy to purchase electricity online.
Let’s get started
- Unlock your mobile device and launch the Standard Bank mobile app.
- If this is your first time using the app, you will need to register for the service.
- Click the Sign In button and enter your app code. If you have previously configured biometric authentication, you will then be able to use your fingerprint sensor instead.
- Once you have signed in, click “Buy” in the bottom navigation area.
- In the “Buy” screen, click “Electricity” in the top navigation area.
- On the “Purchase Details” screen, you need to choose which account you will be using to pay for the airtime. If you don’t want to use the account displayed, click it to open a list of your accounts. You can then enter the correct account.
- Once you have chosen which account will be paying for the electricity, click on the blue “Amount” field and enter the amount you wish to spend.
- Your electricity voucher will be sent to you via SMS text message. Click the “Send Voucher To” field and enter your mobile phone number.
- You need to specify which meter you want to load. Click on the “Meter Number” field and enter your meter number. The app will check that you have entered a valid meter number. If it is valid, a green check will appear next to the number.
- Click ‘Review’ in the top right-hand corner of the screen. If you see any errors, or have changed your mind, click the Back arrow in the top left corner of the screen. Otherwise, if you are happy with the details of this transaction, click “Confirm”
- The Confirmation screen will confirm your purchase. Once the transaction has completed successfully, a green “Purchase Successful” notification will appear at the bottom of the screen.