Mobile: How to change your EAP limit
Standard Bank imposes an Electronic Account Payment (EAP) limit on your electronic transactions, to protect you from unauthorised payments. You should keep this limit at a level close to your regular payments, to limit the impact of unexpected or unauthorised transactions. The Banking App allows you to change the EAP whenever you need it.
Let’s get started
- Unlock your mobile device and launch the Standard Bank mobile app.
- If you have not used the app before, you will need to register for the service.
- Click the Sign In button and enter your app code. If you have previously configured biometric authentication, you will then be prompted to use your fingerprint sensor.
- Once you have signed in, click “More” in the bottom navigation area.
- In the “More” screen, click “Manage Cards”.
- If you have more than one card, you will need to select the card you wish to change. The “Manage Cards” screen will show a list of all your cards. Click on “Card Settings” next to the card you wish to update.
- The “Manage Card” screen will show you a number of options which you can change to control how your card may be used. Find the “Card Limits” category, and click “EAP Limit”
- The “Edit EAP Limit” screen will show you a summary of your current electronic account payment limit, and provides a field where you can enter a new limit. The display also shows the range of possible values: The new limit must be more than what has already been spent this month, but less than the amount currently available in that account.
- Click on the “New Limit” field, and enter the new EAP limit amount. Then click “Done” on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- After a short pause, the app will display a green “Limit Updated” message at the bottom of the screen to confirm that your EAP limit has been changed.