Mobile: How to view your PIN
Your bank card has a number of security features, and the most well known of these is the Personal Identification Number (PIN), which you enter every time you use the card at an Automated Teller Machine (ATM). Everybody knows not to write the PIN down, but that makes it difficult to use the card if you ever forget the PIN. Standard Bank’s mobile banking app makes it easy to recover your PIN and view other related security information.
Let’s get started
- Unlock your mobile device and launch the Standard Bank mobile app.
- If you have not used the app before, you will need to register for the service.
- Click on the Sign In button and enter your app code. If you have previously configured biometric authentication, you will then be prompted to use your fingerprint sensor.
- Once you have signed in, click“More” in the bottom navigation area.
- On the “More” screen, click “Manage Cards”.
- You will be presented with a list of all your cards. Click “Card Settings” on the card which you would like to view.
- The “Manage Card” screen gives you access to several security values: Expiry Date and CVV (for credit cards) and the PIN.
- To reveal the expiry date, click “Show” in the “Expiry Date” field.
- To reveal the CVV number, click “Show” on the “CVV” field.
- To view the PIN, click “View PIN” in the “PIN Settings” section
- On the “View PIN” screen, click the “SA ID number” field and enter your South African Identity Number to confirm that you are the owner of the PIN. Click “Next” on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Your PIN will be displayed on the screen for a few seconds. Please make sure nobody else can see your screen, and do not share this number with anybody.
- Click “Done” on the top right-hand corner of the screen when you are ready to exit.
Our Banking App makes it possible to recover your PIN if you have forgotten it, and your expiry dates and CVV number for if you need to use your credit card online but do not have it with you.