MasterPass: your digital wallet
Shopping on your computer, tablet or smartphone has never been easier thanks to MasterPass, the digital wallet payment service that makes shopping online in South Africa as simple as ‘click and pay’.
Linking your debit and credit card to online payment app, MasterPass™ gives you the freedom to make safe and secure internet purchases using only your smartphone – turning it into your very own digital wallet.
A digital wallet: How MasterPass™ works
Your smartphone is your credit card
- Using your smartphone as you would your credit card, MasterPass™ by MasterCard™ is a digital wallet that simplifies your online checkout process (as well as paying for mall parking) with one secure payment.
- Storing all your payment and shipping information on your smartphone, there’s no need to ever type in your card number or fill-out a checkout form again.
- Look for the MasterPass™ button when completing your checkout, scan the provided QR code and confirm your payment by entering either your unique ATM PIN, CVC security number or One Time Password, depending on your chosen card.
- Seen as a normal card transaction, there are no extra costs involved (other than your existing bank transactional fees and basic data charges for downloading the app from your app store). And, you can add just about any South African bank’s MasterCard™ credit or debit, Maestro or Visa card to your account.
Secure and convenient online shopping
- Also, your account is backed by your bank so you’re protected against any unauthorised payments. Now that’s simple and secure.
- The multi-tiered security system built into the app makes it ideal for safe and convenient online shopping as your card and shipping details are securely encrypted and protected on your smartphone (which only you have access to). Even if your phone is stolen, nobody will be able to see or find your information.
- Rethink the way you pay with MasterPass™ and make your online shopping experience safe, hassle-free and enjoyable.