Set up your child’s Kidz Banking profile
Standard Bank’s Kidz Banking app makes saving fun for your children and it’s quick and easy to set up. Here’s 10 steps to setting up the app in next to no time.
Standard Bank’s Kidz Banking is a fun and educational way to teach your children about the importance of money. Along with some help from the Big 5 animal friends, your children will learn how to manage their money – valuable lessons for years to come.
To sign up, you’ll need an active Standard Bank current account and must use the Standard Bank app. Your child needs an active (sum)1 account. Link the Kidz Banking app to your banking app and your child’s bank account to your Internet Banking profile.
10 Steps to Kidz Banking Success
Follow these 10 steps to set up your child’s Kidz Banking profile:
- From the main screen of your Standard Bank app, click ‘explore’, then ‘Kidz Banking’ and ‘get started’.
- Choose the account you’d like to link and ‘next’.
- Enter your little one’s details (ID number, cellphone number, if he or she has one, and cellphone network provider) and choose a five-digit PIN.
- Select the parent account you’d like to link to your child’s account and click ‘review’ and then ‘confirm’.(You can add more than one child’s account by selecting ‘create another profile’.)
- Once complete, select ‘done’. You can now find the Kidz Banking app on your dashboard.
- Download the Standard Bank’s Kidz Banking app on Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Open the app and click ‘adult login’.
- Sign in with your Standard Bank ID (the same ID you use for your banking app).
- Verify your login with the code sent to the email address linked to your Standard Bank ID. Once done, select ‘go to log in’.
- To log in, your child must click on his or her profile and enter the five-digit PIN you created (in step 3).
- Your little one is now ready to explore the world of Kidz Banking!