There are a number of good reasons to use TravelWallet:
- Safety – the chip on a TravelWallet card allows for extra security such as having to enter your PIN at merchants that accept chip cards and at ATMs.
- Free point-of-sale transactions – you will not be charged a fee for using your card at a merchant. A currency conversion fee may apply if you pay in a currency that is different from the currency loaded on your card.
- No monthly management or inactive fee.
- Free online statements, which can also be accessed from a cellphone that has Internet access.
- Free TravelWallet updates – you may register viawww.standardbank.co.za/travelwallet) under Account Status to receive SMS updates whenever you spend or withdraw money from your card.
- Stop and replace a lost or stolen card by calling our Lost Card call centre on 0800 020 600 from South Africa or +2711 299 4114 while abroad, which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We will also help to arrange emergency funds if necessary.
- Valid for up to four years, so you can use your card for future trips by reloading funds on to your card every time you travel over that period.
- Reload funds while you are abroad – if you run out of funds you can load additional funds onto your card by contacting the foreign exchange outlet from where the card was purchased (terms and conditions apply). If you want to use this feature, please make arrangements with the forex outlet where you bought the card before.
|Australian dollars||Pounds sterling||Euro||United States dollars|
|Maximum limit (you may not exceed exchange control travel allowance)||AUD65,000||GBP40,000||EUR50,000||USD60,000|
|Daily ATM withdrawal limit (some banks' ATMs may have lower limits)||AUD3 750||GBP1 500||EUR2 100||USD2 500|
|Daily POS transaction limit||AUD7 000||GBP5 000||EUR7 500||USD7 500|
Think about this before you choose to go with a TravelWallet
If you are visiting more than one country, It may be worth your while buying more than one card
When considering to buy a TravelWallet card it is important to ensure that the card is accepted in the country you will be visiting. Below is a list of countries where TravelWallet cards cannot be used: