Standard Bank complaints process
If you’re not satisfied with our service, you can raise a complaint at your nearest branch/suite or your Relationship Manager. You will get a reference number and a timeline to resolve your complaint.
We will give you regular feedback until your complaint is resolved.
If you’re not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint, you can escalate it to the Complaints Resolution Centre (the Centre):
a) Call them on 0860 101 101, or
b) Send an email to: [email protected].
Please give the Centre the reference number you received from the branch/suite or your Relationship Manager and all relevant information about your complaint, including correspondence with the branch/suite or your Relationship Manager.
The Centre will:
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint and give you a reference number 24 hours after you’ve lodged the complaint by email, fax or the website.
- Allocate a case manager who will manage your complaint with the relevant business area or product supplier.
- Keep you updated on the progress of our investigation.
- Resolve your complaint within eight working days. Your case manager will inform you if the Centre needs more time to investigate the matter.
- Notify you in writing of the outcome, using your preferred method of communication.
If we don’t resolve your complaint or are not satisfied with the outcome, you can approach an ombudsman (mentioned below). This service is free.
You can also refer your complaint to the relevant regulator.
You need to lodge a formal complaint with the relevant ombudsman or regulator. The ombudsman and regulators usually require complaints to be lodged within four to six months after you’ve received an outcome from us. You must contact the relevant ombudsman or regulator as soon as possible to find out what their requirements and timeframes are to lodge your complaint.
For your convenience, the details of the ombudsmen and regulators are given below.
Kasteel Park Office Park,
Orange Building, 2nd Floor,
c/o Nossob & Jochemus Street,
P.O Box 74571
Tel: +27 12 762 5000 /+27 12 470 9080
Fax: +27 86 764 1422 /+27 12 348 3447 /+27 12 470 9097
Email: [email protected]
Enquiries on status of complaints: [email protected]
The National Consumer Commission
Berkely Office Park
8 Bauhinia Road
Tel: +27 12 428 7000
Riverwalk Office Park, Block B
41 Matroosberg Road
Corner Garsfontein and Matroosberg Road
Ashlea Gardens, Extension 6
PO Box 35655
Contact centre: 0800 20 3722
Switchboard: +27 12 428 8000
Fax: +27 12 346 6941
Email: [email protected]
FSB Fraud and Ethics Hotline: 0800 20 3722
Email top offs: [email protected]