This policy covers the building structure of your home.
We conduct regular cover and rate comparisons to ensure that the Standard Insurance Limited homeowner's policy remains competitive. Your premiums are calculated based on the type of construction and may be automatically debited to your home loan.
Your policy includes value-added benefits
Home assistance services
This is a range of services that will help you sort out emergencies in your home. It covers you for leaks, malfunctions of geysers, broken windows, electrical problems, pest control and appliance repairs, to name but a few.
Call out and the first hour's labour is free.
An extensive list of referral services is also provided giving you access to manufacturers' guidelines, information and referrals to experts in pool care, pet care, cleaning services, security, DIY, decorating, gardening, painting and communications.
You are also covered for normal wear and tear to your geyser. This service is extended to all geysers in your home, no matter how many you have.
Domestic employees' compensation plan
Provides personal accident cover for all of your full- or part-time domestic workers, while in your employ and on duty. Cover includes R15 000 in the event of accidental death, up to R15 000 accidental disablement, hospital cover of up to R13 000 as well as medical transportation costs.
Legal assistance for employers
As well as covering your domestic workers, the plan gives you legal assistance cover in the event of a dispute with your domestic worker, including telephone assistance, free consultation with an attorney, access to advice on legal document requirements and access to representation.
Settlement cover for employers
Gives you up to R10 000 settlement cover should the CCMA award in favour of your domestic worker in a dispute.
The above added-value benefits make our policy one of the best in the market at no extra cost to you.
Important Telephone Numbers
0860 123 444
0860 123 112
Service and Administration
0860 121 141
0860 123 445
Limitations of cover are included for storm, rain, hail, wind, snow or flood.
Limited cover - subsidence and landslip
Limited subsidence and landslip cover is automatically included in the Home Loans Homeowner's Policy and covers destruction or damage to the dwelling caused by subsidence or heave of the land supporting the dwelling or landslip. This is provided that the destruction or damage is not caused by or does not arise from:
- Excavation other than mining excavation.
- Alterations, additions or repairs to the dwelling.
- Compaction of infill or consolidation of the soils.
- Defective design, materials or workmanship.
- Settlement, shrinking or expansion of the dwelling.
The following are also specifically excluded:
- Foundations and solid floor slabs up to ground level.
- Swimming pools, tennis courts, patios, terraces, driveways, paths, septic or conservancy tanks, drains, water courses, walls, gates, posts and fences.
Optional cover for full subsidence and extended to cover the above instances can be arranged.
We are not be liable for
the work necessary to prevent further destruction or damage due to subsidence, heave or landslip except where appropriate design precautions were implemented during the original construction of the dwelling and any subsequent additions.
Losses not covered
- Structural defects or any pre-existing damage to private residence and domestic outbuildings.
- Wear and tear, rust, gradual deterioration, damage caused by vermin or insect infestation.
- Loss, destruction or damage caused by defective workmanship, materials and design.
- Damage to geyser valves and all pipes and other water apparatus (excluding geysers) caused by bursting or leaking.
- Cracking of the dwelling unless resulting from an external cause which is not excluded.
- Consequential or indirect loss of any kind including the unavailability of matching materials.
- Any loss or damage where the cost of repairs or replacement is within the policy excess.