Bank safely by practising our tips below and transact with confidence knowing that your accounts and personal information are secure with our online and mobile security features.
- Automatic timeouts for online, cellphone and ATM banking sessions, in case you forget to sign out.
- Free MyUpdates SMS or email alerts to notify you of what’s happening on your accounts.
- Free Internet Banking login SMS to notify you of unauthorised login activities.
- Free access to specialised malware removal software to clean your PC or laptop from malicious financial software.
- Security centre updates on the latest scams to keep you informed of current fraud trends and how to avoid them.
- One Time Password (OTP) SMS which allows you to authorise online purchases or payment transactions made by you.
- Convenient and secure sign-in with your choice of app code, fingerprint, or Face ID (iPhoneX).
Call us immediately if there’s suspicious activity on your account, or if your bank or credit card is lost or stolen.
Our Internet Banking system is uniquely encrypted to protect your data and personal information.
For secure day-to-day Cellphone Banking, all you need is your card number and PIN.
Use in-branch ATMs whenever you can, and choose ATMs in areas that you’re familiar with.
Register for free unlimited SMSs or email alerts to keep track of what’s happening on your bank accounts.
Your PIN is the key to your card. Never share your PIN with anyone.
Keep your identity safe by following these basic but crucial security tips.
Be careful when using your personal and card information to shop online.
Give once-off approval on new debit orders before they can be processed.
Standard Bank will never ask for your personal or banking info via email, SMS or telephone.