With Standard Bank’s online and mobile security features you can transact with confidence knowing that your accounts and your personal information are secure.
- Automatic timeouts for online, cellphone and ATM banking sessions, in case you forget to log out.
- Free MyUpdates SMS or email alerts to notify you of what’s happening on your accounts.
- Free online banking login SMS to notify you of unauthorised login activities.
- Free access to specialised malware removal software to clean your PC or Laptop from malicious financial software.
- Security centre updates on the latest scams to keep you informed of current fraud trends and how to avoid them.
- One Time Password (OTP) SMS which allows you to authorise purchases or payment transactions made by you.
- Convenient and secure sign-in with your choice of app code, fingerprint or Face ID (iPhoneX)
Our online banking system is uniquely encrypted, protecting your data and info.
For secure day-to-day cellphone banking, all you need is your card number and PIN.
Use in-branch ATMs whenever you can, and choose ATMs in areas that you’re familiar with.
Receive free unlimited SMS or email alerts to keep track of what’s happening on your accounts.
Your PIN is the key to your card. Never share your PIN with anyone.
Keep your identity safe by following these basic but crucial security tips.
Be careful when using your personal and card information to shop online.
Give once-off approval on new debit orders before they can be processed.
Scammers can reach you by email, SMS or phone call. Know their modus operandi.
Get all the guidance you need to safeguard your bank and credit cards.
Know more about the different types of cheque fraud you could encounter.
The aim of 3D Secure is to help prevent card fraud by obtaining full authentification for all ecommerce transactions.
Merchants are at the forefront of public trading and are often actively transacting with members of the public, on the Internet and on mobi-sites.
For merchants, chargebacks can be inconvenient, time-consuming and costly as you can lose both the Rand value of the transaction and the related goods or services.