Keeping you updated on systems outages
Unfortunately, from time to time, unplanned systems outages and technical problems can occur, which could lead to certain Standard Bank functionalities being temporarily unavailable. While we always strive to resolve these issues as soon as we can, we understand that it can be difficult and frustrating for you.
To minimise the inconvenience and the impact that it has on your banking needs, you can subscribe to our Service Status notifications, which will keep you in the loop about any affected services, but also let you know when they’re back online.
When you subscribe to our Service Status page, you’ll be notified whenever there is a problem with any of our ATM, app or Internet Banking services. While outages and downtimes are not ideal, knowing about them can help you plan and prepare.
Our Service Status page provides the following:
- Transparent and real-time details about service failure and the alternative services that can be used. This saves you time and inconvenience since you don’t have to contact our voice branch or self-service desk to investigate what is happening.
- Notifications through text message or email about incidents, how we’re progressing on resolving them, and when they are fixed.
- ATM, Internet Banking and Banking App service interruption updates, including problems with signing in, Instant Money, viewing balances, playing Lotto, account tiles and buying airtime, data or electricity.
How to subscribe for our Service Status updates:
- Visit our Service Status page
- Click on the blue button ‘SUBSCRIBE TO UPDATES’
- Select whether you want to subscribe via email or SMS
- Follow the steps to confirm your subscription
Please note: To ensure your safety, when receiving messages and notifications, we will never ask you for your personal or banking information, such as a PIN or CVV number.
Terms and conditions apply. Message and data rates may apply.