Case study: Assisting with BBBEE partners
In a positive step for transformation, an agribusiness client in the Western Cape wanted to share ownership of the farming operations with his workers, giving them a stake in the profits.
- Workers did not have equity to purchase shares in the agribusiness, which meant that financing was required for the transaction
- The BEE deal was complex and required the right expertise to structure the agreement for both parties
- As the farm had been a family-owned business for several generations, an understanding of its organisational structure was required to integrate the new partnership with the existing structure
Expertise and finance
- Our agricultural specialist in leveraged finance was able to help with tax efficient structures to facilitate the funding of the purchase and sale of shares in the business
- We are also able to assist our client with access to all the legal documentation needed to facilitate the transaction