Guard your PIN
Your PIN is the key to your card and bank accounts, as you’ll need it to draw cash at ATMs and pay at the till.
While lost card protection covers you up to 24-hours prior to reporting your lost or stolen card, you’re not protected against any transactions in which your PIN is used.
How to guard your PIN
- Memorise your PIN – never write it down or tell anyone what it is
- If you can’t memorise it, keep a note of your PIN in a safe place (not with your card)
- Make sure nobody ever sees you entering your PIN
- If anything makes you suspicious while using an ATM, cancel the transaction and remove your card
- If you think your PIN is no longer a secret, change it at our ATMs or your nearest branch