Who can apply?
Anyone 18 years or older who earns a gross personal monthly income over R8 000, or has qualified with a three year degree/diploma and earn a minimum gross personal monthly income of R5000. You have to be a South African citizen or a permanent resident.
How to apply?
You can apply for your New Elite current account package in one of the following ways
- If you are a new customer i.e. You have no transactional account with Standard Bank or
- You have an E-plan savings account
- Click here (Please note that this option is not for customers that has an existing Standard Bank Current account, i.e. Student Achiever, Achiever Electronic, Elite or Prestige).
- Or apply at any branch. Click here to find a branch closest to you.
What documents and information do we need from you?
- Your valid South African identification document
- Proof of your degree or results sheet (if applicable)
- Proof of latest income
- Proof of residence such as your latest electricity or telephone account. Should this not be in your name, please attach a letter of confirmation from the account holder
- Your last two months' bank statements of the account into which your salary is paid. The statements will have to be clear of unpaids (bills, cheques, debit order and stop orders dishonoured by the branch) and will need to be stamped by your bank
- If you are self-employed we will require your last six months' bank statements, stamped by your bank, as well as a letter from an accountant / auditor stating membership, partnership, directorship ratio and the income you draws from the business.
- To upgrade your existing current account to an Elite current account package click here (Please note that this option is applicable for customers that have an existing Standard Bank Student Achiever, Achiever Electronic or current account)
SMS the word "Elite" to 31645 and a consultant will call you back
What are the steps of my online application?
- A consultant will contact you within a few days and request that you fax the required documents to them (where applicable).
- Once approved, a branch consultant will call you to pick-up your cards and/or chequebook at a branch of your choice.
- Remember to take the original required documents to the branch (where applicable).
What else can I apply for?
What if I have a current account at another bank?
We will switch your debit orders for you at no cost. For more information, click here.
* Conditions apply