Mobile: How to reverse a debit order
Debit orders are a huge convenience, both for you and the companies that are billing you. But if there is any dispute over the amount that has been paid, it can be frustrating if you don’t know how to reverse the debit order. Standard Bank’s mobile app makes the process easy and puts you back in control of your money.
Let’s get started
- Launch the Standard Bank app on your mobile device.
- If this is your first time using the app, you will need to register for the service.
- If you have already registered for the service, you will be able to click on the “Sign In” button.
- To proceed, you will need to enter your App Code when prompted. If you have activated biometrics on your device, you may instead be asked to authorise yourself by using your fingerprint reader.
- Once you have signed in, click “More” on the bottom navigation area.
- Click on “Manage debit orders”
- Click on “Reverse a debit order”
- You will see a list of your accounts. Select the account on which the debit took place.
- Select the debit order which you would like to reverse.
- The app will show you details of the debit order. If you are sure this is the correct transaction, click on “Reverse”
- Select the reason why you are reversing the transaction. Your options are:
- No authority to debit: You never authorised a debit order with this company.
- Debit on contravention to mandate: Although a debit order was authorised, it has not been handled according to your agreement with the company.
- Contract has been cancelled: This debit order was once valid, but is no longer valid.
- Debit order has been stopped: This debit order should not have gone through as it has already been cancelled.
- Click “Confirm”, and then “Accept” the terms and conditions
Note that this process is only available for debit orders below R200. Once the process has been completed, your money will be returned into your account within two business days.