Affordable housing options
Millions of South Africans, particularly in the low income earning segment, dream of owning their own home. Now these dreams are becoming a reality, thanks to a number of affordable housing options.
Finance Linked Individual Subsidy Programme (FLISP)
If you qualify, the government may grant you a housing subsidy through the Finance Linked Individual Subsidy Programme (FLISP). This subsidy is a once-off lump sum payment towards the cost of your house. In order to qualify you must:
- Earn a joint income of between R3,500 - R22,000 per month and be a first time home buyer.
- The once-off FLISP subsidy amount ranges between R27,960 - R121, 626, depending on your monthly income. The maximum price of a property that can be financed through FLISP depends on what you can afford.
- Once the bond amount is approved, you will have to approach the National Housing Finance Corporation for the subsidy, or the nearest Local Municipality.
FLISP Information Centres
011 335 4901
031 336 5300
Tolaram House, 1 Aliwal St, Durban
018 391 0420
053 830 9492
Building 9, Cecil Sussman Rd, Kimberly
051 403 3883
97 Henry Street, Westdene, Bloemfontein
044 711 9777/8
Steven Tshwete Bldg, Chiselhurst, 31 Phillip Frame Rd, East London
031 757 0792
031 766 6676
7 Government Boulevard, Riverside Park Bldg, No 6&7, Nelspruit
The Affordable Housing Loan
Standard Bank offers this home loan to individuals earning a single or joint gross monthly income of between
R 3,500 - R24,300.
- 100% Finance and no deposit required
- The choice between a fixed or variable interest rate
- An AccessBond facility should you require additional funds
- A free home ownership course
Pension Backed Lending
Standard Bank's Pension Backed Home Loan (PBL) is an affordable home loan, guaranteed by your pension fund, which offers the following benefits:
- There are no bond registration costs or delays and no property assessment fees
- You can use a PBL loan to buy vacant land, build a house or improve your current home
- The repayments are conveniently deducted from your salary or wages and paid to the bank
- You may apply for a second loan after paying the first loan for at least three months
Your dreams can come true!Talk to your bank about the various affordable housing options available and take the first step towards owning the home of your dreams!