Mobile: How to pay a once-off beneficiary
It has become commonplace to pay our bills electronically. Internet and mobile banking solutions have beneficiary lists stored, which make it easy to make regular payments. If you need to pay a once-off beneficiary though, you’ll need to enter the account details manually.
- Unlock your mobile device and launch the Standard Bank mobile app.
- If you have not used the app before, you will need to register for the service.
- Click the Sign In button and enter your app code. If you have previously configured biometric authentication, you will then be prompted to use your fingerprint sensor.
- Once you have signed in, click “Pay” in the bottom navigation area.
- On the “Pay” screen, click “Somebody new” in the top navigation area.
- You are now on the “Beneficiary Details” screen. This is where you will enter the account details of the payment you wish to make. Click the “Account holder name” field, and enter the name of the person or company you are paying.
- Click the “Bank” field, to select which banking institute the person or company banks with. A list of banks will appear. You may need to swipe up or down to find the correct bank.
- Once you’ve selected a bank, click on the “Account Number” field, and enter the account number which was given to you.
- Click the “Their Reference” field. Whatever you type here will appear on the beneficiary’s bank statement, showing them who made the payment. Many businesses will give you a specific reference code that they would prefer you to use. This will be printed on their invoice. If no such code has been given to you, your name should be adequate.
- Click the “My Reference” field. Whatever you enter here will be printed on your own bank statement, next to the transaction.
- Once you’ve correctly entered all the required information, click “Next” on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- On the “Payment Details” screen, you need to choose which account you will be using to pay for the airtime. If you don’t want to use the account displayed, click on it to open a list of your accounts. You can then enter the correct account.
- Click the blue rand field and enter the amount you want to pay. Click “Review” on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Confirm that all details are correct. If you want to change anything, click the “Back” button on the top left-hand corner of the screen. Otherwise, click “Confirm”.
- A One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent to you, and the “OTP” screen will appear. Once the OTP arrives, enter it, and click “Submit”.
- Once the payment has been successfully processed, a green “Payment Successful” notification will appear at the bottom of the screen.