Using a credit or debit card gives you various payment options.
You’ll always receive a one-time PIN (OTP) via SMS or email in order to authorise your transaction.
3D Secure cards require verification of your personal details before you can buy anything online, so you’ll need to provide:
- Your credit card number (on the front of the card)
- The card expiry date
- The CVC or card validation code (the last three numbers on the back of your card)
Using your budget facility
Credit cards are all about choice – that’s why your straight and budget facilities are combined on your card with a single limit.
Using budget for purchases over R 200 means you can choose to repay the amount within six months or over 60 months.
- Buy as many items as you like with your available budget funds*
- Interest accrues from the date of the purchase
- Instalments need to be repaid in full every month
- All purchases and the minimum payment due are in your monthly statements
*Your budget facility cannot be used for travellers’ cheques, foreign currency or progressive payments (like your bond, petrol or electronic account payments
Paying by card at till points
When using your card to pay, it should never leave your sight. If the card device can’t be handed to you, go to where it’s situated so there’s no opportunity for your card to be tampered with.
- The cashier will insert your card into the card reader
- Don’t persist with a card device that’s faulty – rather ask for another card device
- Check that the transaction amount is correct
- Enter your PIN to authorise the transaction (keep the keypad covered)
- Transactions are cancelled if a card is removed before the PIN is entered
- Check that the card you receive back from the cashier is yours
- The cashier will give you a duplicate of the slip with your receipt
- Keep the slip so you can check it against your monthly statement