Access Bond facility
Draw on the extra funds you’ve paid into your bond by linking your Standard Bank home loan and bank, savings or business account.
Some of the benefits
Spend or save
Key things to know about your Access Bond
How it works
- You tell us whether your additional payments must be used to pay off your bond sooner, or if you prefer your monthly repayments to be reduced
- We link your home loan to your bank, savings or business account*
- You can transfer funds from your home loan using our ATMs or online banking
- Funds need to be transferred in multiples of R 1 000
*The facility is deactivated if you miss any payments on your account. You may have to re-apply for an Access Bond once your account is up to date.
What it costs
- Your existing monthly service fees will remain on your account
- No fees for electronic transfers to or from your Access Bond
- Cash deposit fees apply
See 2020 pricing guide
What you’ll need
- A home loan with us*
- A bank, savings or business account with us
*Bonds excluded: Vacant Land, JumpStart, Cost Inclusive, Building Loans, Commercial Loans
Finding a new home for your home loan can be a painless process. Let us guide you through each step of the way
A pension-backed housing loan (as per the Pensions's Fund Act 19 (5) (a) and 37D) is an alternative form of housing finance where the loan is secured by your retirement fund savings instead of a mortgage bond.
With an access bond facility on your home loan, you won’t have to take out a personal loan to cover those surprise expenses.
Buying an investment property can be a savvy decision if you have factored in all of the costs and risks.
Buying your first home is exciting, but it can also be little scary. Make sure your joy is not overshadowed by concerns about debt with these home buying tips.
It takes years to furnish your home, and just seconds for your hard work to be undone. With the right cover, it won’t take as long the second-time round.
Get cover for structural damage caused by fire, storms, theft or burst geysers.
If something happens and you can’t keep paying your bond, you can still protect your home and family with the right cover.